- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (651) 357-1896
Fax: (651) 771-0850
Alexandra brings proven experience to the firm of Tuft, Lach, Jerabek & O’Connell from her years of serving as a law clerk to two judges in Hennepin County District Court and as a practicing attorney at a boutique family law firm in Minneapolis that focused on complex divorce cases. Her first-hand knowledge of the court system and the needs of families in transition enable her to work efficiently and compassionately on behalf of those she serves.
Alexandra’s leadership and community involvement have prepared her well to meet the broader needs of her client base. She is the chair of the Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Committee and has planned numerous continuing education events for the legal community. In addition, Alexandra has served as a board member for Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) and is currently a volunteer legal consultant for JFCS where she provides free legal advice to JFCS employees who encounter legal issues in the delivery of their services to the community. Alexandra has been selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and was named a top attorney 10 under 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Alexandra is also an investigator with the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Fourth District Ethics Committee where she investigates ethical violations against attorneys in Hennepin County. As a result of being an investigator, she is able to stay apprised of attorney ethical requirements to maintain the highest of ethical standards in her practice.
Alexandra’s passion for advocacy and helping families transition through difficult times fuels her work and positions her as an emerging leader within the field of family law.
Current Employment Position:
- Associate Attorney
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota, 2013
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D
- University of Minnesota, B.A
- High Conflict, Childhood Trauma, and the Dilemma of a Family Law Practitioner, Hennepin Lawyer, March/April, 2018
- Success by Association: The Importance of Bar Membership, Hennepin Lawyer, September/October, 2016, co-author Shaina Praska
- Great Bites, in Brief, Hennepin Lawyer, March/April, 2016
- Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Committee, Chair
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- 4th District Ethics Committee, Investigator
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Family Law League, Member
Honors and Awards:
- Named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers list of Rising Star Attorneys 2017, 2018, 2019
- Recipient of the Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 for Excellence in Family Law by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA), 2018
- Posted by Jenny on September 15, 2019: Fabulous Experience. After working with a mediator and getting nowhere, I hired Alexandra Connell. Alexandra took the time to fully learn every aspect of my case. She was thorough and very knowledgeable. Alexandra was forward at pressing other attorney when needed. She responded to every request I made in an incredibly timely manner. I felt totally supported as Alexandra worked to resolve my case. She made me aware of every item as it came up, working with me to be sure I understood every side. The outcome was better and faster than I expected! I am definitely happy I had (and still have) Alexandra on my side!
- Posted by Karoline on August 8, 2018: Alexandra Connell was an excellent advocate for my case. She was very attentive to the details of my situation and sensitive to the specific challenges of my case. She maintains an important balance of professionalism and personal support.
- Posted by Marc on May 22, 2017: Firm but fair, excellent attorney. As many people in my similar situation might say….I wasn’t prepared to get divorced. I tried suggesting an arbitrator early on but my Ex didn’t feel comfortable with that approach. So when she hired an attorney I felt I needed one too. Alexandra was what I hoped she’d be. She looked out for my interests but was also aware of what was reasonable. She spent a lot of time understanding my situation and asking the right questions. I would recommend her and was pleased with the process and outcome.
- Posted by Christine on May 9, 2017: Staunch, Steadfast & Passionate! Alexandria and her team are outstanding! I first contacted Alexandria, after I spent a considerable amount of money on another lawyer that got me zero results. From our first conversation, I found Alexandria to be a sharp strategist that truly cares for her clients. Alexandria is concise and very powerful with her words, leaving no stone unturned. She consistently pushed back on the opposing attorney and did not back down. If you are looking for a lawyer who is reliable, is going to fight for you and who will always have your best interest in mind, hire Alexandria!
- Posted by Barb B on April 19, 2017: Divorce can be a difficult transition in anyone’s life and Alexandra had an in-depth knowledge, leverage and resources necessary to handle my complex, high-value marital dispute. She helped navigate me through this significant transition and supported me through the divorce process. Alexandra forcefully advocated to protect my rights through her extensive knowledge of the law and negotiations. Alexandra is very compassionate, considerate and professional. She made the best decisions along the way. I’m very happy with the end results!