- Email: email@example.com
Phone: (651) 771-0050
Fax: (651) 771-0850
Benjamin Olson joined Tuft, Lach, Jerabek & O’Connell, PLLC as an Associate Attorney in 2017. Ben focuses his practice on family law matters, including divorce, property division, spousal maintenance, child support, child custody, parenting time, paternity, and orders for protection. Ben is also a qualified mediator under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of General Practice.
Ben’s passion for family law began in his first year at Mitchell│Hamline School of Law. As a law student he volunteered at Central Minnesota Legal Services, a legal aid organization handling family law matters for low-income clients. Ben also worked as a law clerk in the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, where he litigated hundreds of child support cases as a Certified Student Attorney. In his final year of law school, Ben completed a legal residency under Hennepin County Referee Mary Madden, which allowed him to learn the inner workings of family court first hand.
Ben’s personal and professional experiences have given him the opportunity to connect and empathize with family law clients. He hopes to use this experience to help his clients navigate the difficulties associated with family disputes.
Ben grew up in Paynesville, Minnesota. In his free time he enjoys being outdoors. Ben particularly likes hiking, hunting, fishing, and playing golf.
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota Supreme Court (2017)
- Juris Doctor, Mitchell│Hamline School of Law, magna cum laude (2017)
- B.A., St. Cloud State University, summa cum laude (2013)
Honors and Awards:
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Family Law Residency (2017)
- Outstanding Program Awareness Award – Minnesota Family Support and Recovery Counsel (MFSRC) (2016)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts—Minnesota Chapter (AFCC-MN)
- Family Law League
Volunteer and Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers Network – Volunteer Attorney
- Ramsey County Volunteer Mediation Program – Volunteer Mediator
- Dakota County Parks and Recreation – Adopt a Park Volunteer