Lindsey O’Connell is a shareholder at Tuft, Lach, Jerabek & O’Connell, PLLC. Lindsey practices primarily in the area of family law but has also practiced in the area of professional responsibility and general civil matters, including helping non-profit organizations obtain 501(c)(3) status. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Minnesota and is a Rule 114 qualified neutral and provides services as mediator or neutral for Social Early Neutral Evaluations and Financial Early Neutral Evaluations, helping families find solutions that work best for their individual situations.
In 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Lindsey was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®. Only 2.5% of attorneys in Minnesota receive this distinction. Lindsey has also been named to the 2021 list of The Best Lawyers in America© .
Lindsey is a member of the 19th District Ethics Committee where she volunteers her time as an investigator. She also volunteers in Ramsey County as a volunteer mediator for family law cases and in the family law legal advice clinic. Lindsey also volunteers for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services in their divorce clinic.
Lindsey is the 2022 President of the Washington County Bar Association. She is a board member of the Family Law League which promotes collegiality within the family law profession & provides networking and educational opportunities for family law professionals.
Lindsey has domestic and sexual abuse training. She was previously an advocate for victims of sexual assault through the Program to Aid Victims of Sexual Assault and she has completed the Pro Bono Safety Project training through Tubman.
Lindsey was a volunteer Guardian ad Litem in Ramsey County from 2012 until 2015 where she represented the best interest of children in need of protection or services in Juvenile Court. She has continued her work with the Guardian ad Litem program by representing Guardians in court cases involving abused or neglected children since 2015. Having been a former Guard ad Litem provides Lindsey with a unique insight that can help her clients if a Guardian is appointed on their case.
Lindsey participated in and graduated from the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce’s “Leadership Saint Paul” program. Leadership Saint Paul is a program for civic and business leaders that prepares, challenges, and engages emerging and existing leaders to strengthen the Saint Paul/East Metro region. She also attended the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers intensive “Institute for Family Law Associates” in Chicago. Lindsey has presented at several CLEs and enjoys those opportunities to teach and share her perspective. Lindsey’s range of experience and her leadership and involvement in the community and family law profession help serve her clients.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (651) 357-1893
Fax: (651) 771-0850
Current Employment Position:
- Mediator, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota, 2014
- William Mitchell College of Law, MN, J.D, 2014 Magna Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota Duluth, MN, B.A, 2011 Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association, President
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Family Law League, board member
- Washington County Bar Association, March 2021, “What You Should Know: Zoom Trial Practice”
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Institute 2021, “The Impact of the Pandemic on Family Law Practice”
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, The New Lawyer Experience 2018, “Candid Advice for New Lawyers”
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Institute 2017, “Driving Your Spousal Maintenance Case: The Importance of Sound Budgets”
Volunteer/Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer Attorney Investigator for the 19th District Ethics Committee, 2019 to present
- Volunteer Mediator for Ramsey County, 2019 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for SMRLS divorce clinic, 2018 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for Ramsey County Legal Clinic, 2018 to present
- Mentor for law students at Mitchell Hamline, 2015 to 2019
- Volunteer Attorney for Tubman Pro Bono Safety Project, 2014 to 2019
- Volunteer Guardian ad Litem for Ramsey County, 2014 to 2015
Honors and Awards:
- Named by Super Lawyers to the Minnesota list of Rising Star Attorneys 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Named to the 2021 list of The Best Lawyers in America©