- Email: email@example.com
Phone: (651) 357-1893
Fax: (651) 771-0850
Lindsey O’Connell practices primarily in the area of family law but has also practiced in the area of professional responsibility and general civil matters, including helping non-profit organizations obtain 501(c)(3) status. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Minnesota and is a Rule 114 qualified neutral in the areas of family facilitate/hybrid, civil adjudicative/evaluative, and civil facilitative/hybrid.
In 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Lindsey was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®. Only 2.5% of attorneys in Minnesota receive this distinction. Lindsey has also been named to the 2021 list of The Best Lawyers in America© .
Lindsey is a member of the 19th District Ethics Committee where she volunteers her time as an investigator. She also volunteers in Ramsey County as a volunteer mediator for family law cases and in the family law legal advice clinic. Lindsey also volunteers for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services in their divorce clinic.
Lindsey is a board member of the Family Law League which promotes collegiality within the family law profession & provides networking and educational opportunities for family law professionals.
Lindsey has domestic and sexual abuse training. She was previously an advocate for victims of sexual assault through the Program to Aid Victims of Sexual Assault and she has completed the Pro Bono Safety Project training through Tubman. Another passion for Lindsey has been mentoring law students through Mitchell Hamline’s “Mitchell Mentor” program from 2015-2019. She still maintains connections to many of her former mentees.
Lindsey was a volunteer Guardian ad Litem in Ramsey County from 2012 until 2015 where she represented the best interest of children in need of protection or services in Juvenile Court. She has continued her work with the Guardian ad Litem program by representing Guardians in court in cases involving abused or neglected children since 2015. Having been a former Guard ad Litem provides Lindsey with a unique insight that can help her clients if a Guardian is appointed on their case.
In 2016, Lindsey graduated from the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce’s “Leadership Saint Paul” program. Leadership Saint Paul is a program for civic and business leaders that prepares, challenges, and engages emerging and existing leaders to strengthen the Saint Paul/East Metro region. In 2017, Lindsey attended the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers intensive “Institute for Family Law Associates” in Chicago. Lindsey has presented for Minnesota CLE at the Family Law Institute and at the New Lawyer Experience and enjoys those opportunities to teach and share her perspective.
Current Employment Position:
- Mediator, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota, 2014
- William Mitchell College of Law, MN, J.D, 2014 Magna Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota Duluth, MN, B.A, 2011 Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Woman Lawyers
- Family Law League, board member
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, The New Lawyer Experience 2018, “Candid Advice for New Lawyers”
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Institute 2017, “Driving Your Spousal Maintenance Case: The Importance of Sound Budgets”
Volunteer/Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer Attorney Investigator for the 19th District Ethics Committee, 2019 to present
- Volunteer Mediator for Ramsey County, 2019 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for SMRLS divorce clinic, 2018 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for Ramsey County Legal Clinic, 2018 to present
- Mentor for law students at Mitchell Hamline, 2015 to 2019
- Volunteer Attorney for Tubman Pro Bono Safety Project, 2014 to 2019
- Volunteer Guardian ad Litem for Ramsey County, 2014 to 2015
Honors and Awards:
- Named by Super Lawyers to the Minnesota list of Rising Star Attorneys 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Named to the 2021 list of The Best Lawyers in America©