- Email: email@example.com
Phone: (651) 357-1893
Fax: (651) 771-0850
Lindsey O’Connell practices in the areas of family law, professional responsibility, and general civil matters. She is admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota and is a Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
While at William Mitchell College of Law, Ms. O’Connell worked as a Certified Student Attorney at the Washington County Public Defender’s Office and as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Diane R. Alshouse in Ramsey County. She was also a volunteer with Minnesota Women Lawyers, World Without Genocide, and with the Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault.
Ms. O’Connell was a volunteer Guardian ad Litem in Ramsey County from 2012 until 2015 where she represented the best interest of children in need of protection or services in Juvenile Court. She has continued her work with the Guardian ad Litem program by representing Guardians in court in cases involving abused or neglected children since 2015. Ms. O’Connell has completed the Pro Bono Safety Project training through Tubman and she currently volunteers for SMRLS at their divorce clinic and for the Ramsey County Family Law Legal Clinic. Ms. O’Connell has also been mentoring new law students through Mitchell Hamline’s “Mitchell Mentor” program since 2015.
In 2016, Ms. O’Connell graduated from the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce’s “Leadership Saint Paul” program. Leadership Saint Paul is a program for civic and business leaders that prepares, challenges, and engages emerging and existing leaders to strengthen the Saint Paul/East Metro region. In 2017 Ms. O’Connell attended the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers intensive “Institute for Family Law Associates” in Chicago.
In 2017, Ms. O’Connell was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®.
Current Employment Position:
- Associate Attorney
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- Minnesota, 2014
- William Mitchell College of Law, MN, J.D, 2014 Magna Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota Duluth, MN, B.A, 2011 Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Woman Lawyers
- Family Law League
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Institute 2017, “Driving Your Spousal Maintenance Case: The Importance of Sound Budgets”
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, The New Lawyer Experience 2018, “Candid Advice for New Lawyers”
Volunteer/Pro Bono Activities:
- Mentor for first year law students at Mitchell Hamline, 2015 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for SMRLS divorce clinic, 2018 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for Ramsey County Legal Clinic, 2018 to present
- Volunteer Attorney for Tubman Pro Bono Safety Project, 2014 to present
- Volunteer Guardian ad Litem for Ramsey County, 2014 to 2015
Honors and Awards:
- Named to the Minnesota list of Rising Star Attorneys 2017, 2018